To set up your Outlook Express client to work with Gmail:
1. Enable POP in your email account. Don't forget to click Save Changes when you're done.
2. Open Outlook or Outlook Express.
3. Click the Tools menu, and select Accounts...
4. Click Add, and then click Mail...
5. Enter your name in the Display name: field, and click Next.
6. Enter your full Gmail email address ( email@example.com) in the Email address: field, and click Next. Google Apps users, enter your full address in the format 'username@your_domain.com.'
7. Enter pop.gmail.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP2 or HTTP) server: field. Enter smtp.gmail.com in theOutgoing mail (SMTP) server: field. Google Apps users, enter the server names provided; don't add your domain3name in this step.
8. Click Next.
9. Enter your full email address (including '@gmail.com' or '@your_domain.com') in the Account name: field. Enter your email password in the Password: field, and click Next.
10. Click Finish.
11. Highlight pop.gmail.com under Account, and click Properties.
12. Click the Advanced tab.
13. Fill in the following information:*
*The order of Outgoing and Incoming mail server4 fields varies by version. Make sure you enter the correct information in each field.
14. Return to the Servers tab, and check the box next to My server requires authentication.
15. Click OK.
Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve Gmail messages